Final week TRON CEO Justin Solar introduced the launch of a bug bounty program with a prime reward of $100ok. The announcement coincided with the venture’s a lot anticipated mainnet launch. The subsequent day, nonetheless, Solar introduced that they have been growing that quantity to a cool $10 million.
TRON Will get Critical About Safety
Following its mainnet launch on Could 31st, Justin Solar, Founder and CEO of TRON, additionally introduced a bug bounty marketing campaign with the very best reward of $100,000 for figuring out crucial community points. Only a day later, nonetheless, he raised the stakes considerably, elevating the utmost reward to $10 million. The rationale given for the rise was to emphasise simply how significantly TRON takes the safety of its community.
#TRON Bug Bounty Program with a highest reward of USD$10 million. We take the safety of #TRON mainnet very significantly. When you’ve got made an vital discovery of potential bugs, please contact us and be part of the TRON Bug Bounty Program #TRX $TRX https://t.co/e399Z4TZBw pic.twitter.com/JRyVnTtb9J
— Justin Solar (@justinsuntron) June 1, 2018
In accordance to the official bug bounty program documentation discovered on the venture’s GitHub, the marketing campaign will happen between Could 31st and June 24th. The objective of this system is to enlist the assistance of the broader crypto group to find any potential technical vulnerabilities within the TRON mainnet.
The unique bounty cap of $100,000 was spectacular in its personal proper, putting TRON squarely alongside tech giants like Microsoft and Apple by way of highest bug bounty rewards. A $10 million reward, alternatively, places TRON in a league of its personal.
Bugs discovered through the bug bounty marketing campaign shall be assigned a stage of severity – intermediate, superior, and deadly. The reward payout construction for every stage is as follows:
- Deadly bugs which may take management of java-tron nodes by distant execution of any code. Reward: $100,000 and up.
- Deadly bugs which may result in personal key leakage. Reward: $50,000 and up.
- Superior bugs which may incur Denial of Service (DoS) in java-tron by way of P2P community. Reward: $10,000 and up.
- Superior bugs which may incur Denial of Service (DoS) in java-tron by way of RPC-API. Reward: $10,000 and up.
- Intermediate bugs which may incur Denial of Service (DoS) in java-tron by way of TRON Protocol. Reward: $6,000 and up.
- Intermediate bugs permitting unauthorized operations on consumer accounts. Reward: $6,000 and up.
You will need to be aware that bugs discovered within the following code repositories ONLY are eligible for bounties:
- java-tron: https://github.com/tronprotocol/java-tron
- wallet-cli: https://github.com/tronprotocol/wallet-cli
Every other location, together with tronscan.org, tron.community, tronlab.com, and any third-party companions are thought of “out of scope” and are ineligible for a bounty reward on this marketing campaign.